President Donald Trump is fighting back in court against Big Tech censorship.

Earlier this year, after Twitter and Facebook censored him, YouTube banned Trump from uploading any new videos to the popular video-sharing service. The Google-owned platform cited concerns over “ongoing potential for violence,” even though President Trump has repeatedly called for peace during and after riots at the U.S. Capitol.

YouTube officials indicated that the service would remove content President Trump uploaded, claiming it somehow promotes violence but providing no proof that is so. Although Trump’s channel will stay online for users to view old videos, the president can’t live stream or add new videos to the account. Comments have also been disabled on the channel.

“After careful review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to the Donald J. Trump channel and issued a strike for violating our policies for inciting violence,” a YouTube spokesperson said in an emailed statement.

LifeNews is now on GETTR. Please follow us for the latest pro-life news

The social media giant Twitter first suspended President Donald Trump’s account after falsely claiming he promoted rioting and violence. In a statement on its twitter Support account, twitter official claimed that Trump’s recent Twitter posts were “in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy.” Other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest followed suit.

Now, Trump is asking a court to reinstate the account:

On Monday, Trump’s lawyers requested a preliminary injunction in a Florida U.S. District Court against the online video sharing platform.

The lawyers argued lack of access to YouTube could cause irreparable harm to his potential political future as well as the GOP party. They added the reinstatement would allow the 45th president to continue to sell merchandise through the platform, which was essential for political fundraising.

The 45th president went on to explain, “we filed a historic class action lawsuit because every American deserves to have their First Amendment rights protected, not destroyed by leftists radicals in Silicon Valley.”

In addition, President Trump’s lawyers plan to take similar legal action against Twitter and Facebook as well.

After Twitter censored him, Trump posted a statement in response from the official governmental account of the office of President, @POTUS.

“As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me—and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me,” Trump said in a statement.

“Twitter may be a private company, but without the government’s gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long,” he added.

“I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future. We will not be SILENCED!” Trump continued.

“Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH. They are all about promoting a Radical Left platform where some of the most vicious people in the world are allowed to speak freely,” Trump concluded. “STAY TUNED!”

Please follow LifeNews.com on Gab for the latest pro-life news and info, free from social media censorship.

Shortly after President Trump posted the statement, Twitter suspended that account as well.

The post President Trump Asks Court to Reinstate His YouTube Account appeared first on LifeNews.com.

Leave a Reply